Govt indicates we can re-open Badwell Ash Holiday Lodges on April 12th
Posted 26/12/2020 : By: Will & Sarah Draper
COVID UPDATE: Book with confidence - we are maintaining all Covid precautions
Hello to all our guests. It is great that the country is moving out of lockdown however we are conscious that infection rates are rising in certain parts of the country, and we may not be fully out of the woods yet as far as covid restrictions go. Understandably, many people are still anxious about the risk of catching the virus, and also worried about what would happen to their holiday payment should there be another lockdown.
That’s why we are maintaining all of the covid precautions that we put in place at the start of the pandemic. You can book with complete confidence, as we will rebook or refund you in the event of a covid lockdown. Our lodges are deep-cleaned and sanitised in exactly the same way. We are certified “Good to Go” by VisitBritain. And of course we are still a naturally socially-distanced destination with a maximum of 18 guests in 5 lodges on a 5 acre site.
We hope to see you soon!
With best wishes, Will and Sarah
Keeping you safe during you stay
If you’ve stayed with us before you’re probably already aware of the high standards of hygiene, housekeeping and safety which we adhere to both inside our lodges and around the site. However, in accordance with Government guidance and industry standards, we’d like to reassure you that we’re taking additional measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
- Our site consists of only 5 self-contained lodges, with a maximum number of 18 guests.
- All our lodges are generously spaced apart within our five acre site allowing plenty of room between guests staying in each lodge.
- When fishing please use the swims located immediately to the left and right of your lodge. If the site is not busy, and you would like to fish from a different swim, please discuss this with Will and Sarah, and we will advise whether or not this is possible.
Additional safety measures we have taken:
- All housekeeping and other staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the site and will continue to do so frequently throughout the day, and will wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
- We will refrain from hugging and hand shaking – even with repeat guests whom we know well – and where possible we will maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Lodge keys and security gate fobs will be thoroughly sanitized between each change-over of guests.
- We have placed hand sanitizer dispensers in each lodge as well as signage reminding guests to heed current advice on social distancing, hand washing hygiene and dealing with coughs and sneezes.
- Our housekeeping staff will adhere to the respective Government and Public Health Guidance on deep cleaning and sanitizing between guests.
- We have removed some unnecessary items from our lodges, and we will thoroughly disinfect those other items remaining when each group of guests vacates.
- To protect our housekeeping staff we are asking guests to kindly strip their beds and pile their towels on the morning of departure, and leave all windows ajar. We realise this is a lot to ask but we hope you understand why we have taken this step.
- As is our usual practice, all linen will be laundered off site at a commercial laundry and towels and bathrobes will be laundered on site at temperatures which clean and sterilize all fabrics in accordance with Public Health advice.
- To give us the time we need to deep clean the lodges and prepare the site, we cannot accommodate early check-in requests, so please aim to check in no earlier than 4pm.
We ask our Guests to adhere to the following additional measures:
- Please do not travel to our site if you, or any member of your party, are displaying any covid-19 symptoms. In this instance please telephone us to discuss the situation.
- On arrival at the site we ask all guests to use the hand sanitizer located at the pedestrian gate before entering our site.
- When checking in or out, if we are already dealing with guests please remain in your car until we can come to you.
- When we are attending to daily routine maintenance of your hot tub we ask you kindly to maintain a 2m distance at all times.
- If you are staying for two weeks, we will refresh your bed linen and towels at the end of the first week. When our housekeeping staff are attending to this, we ask you please to vacate your lodge. If there is any difficulty with this please discuss this with us on the day.
- When moving around the site please adhere to social distancing from others.
- Please wash and sanitise your hands regularly.
- If you or a member of your party becomes unwell during your visit with covid-19 symptoms (eg persistent cough, high temperature, loss of sense of taste/smell) please remain in your lodge and telephone us on the contact numbers provided.
All of the above information is correct at the time of writing, may be updated from time to time without notice, and is based on the Government’s current guidance which can be read here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Updated September 2021