We Are Ready To Welcome You - We're Good To Go
Posted 30/06/2020 : By: Penelope Tilmouth
WE ARE OPEN – FROM 4TH JULY 2020!
We are delighted to announce that as from 4th July 2020 we will be allowed to re-open and will welcome our first guests back on site on Monday 6th July. It’s been a long 3 and a half months and both we – and the fish – have missed you!
We are now busy getting the lodges and site ready to re-open and ensuring we have all the right procedures in place as required by the new Guidelines.
If you have not stayed with us before, our 4 self-catering lakeside log cabins, each with its own private outdoor hot tub, are generously spaced apart amidst 4.5 acres of lush gardens and private, well-stocked fishing lakes, ready to offer a day’s gentle relaxation in a haven of peace and tranquility. A perfect destination to be socially distanced from your fellow visitors, in the knowledge that your accommodation is safe, super comfortable, spotlessly clean and sanitized.
We are taking bookings and still have a (very) few spaces available in August and September so please do contact us on 01359 258444 or visit our availability checker.
Thank you for your support! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
The Badwell Ash Holiday Lodges Management Team
30th June 2020
HOW WE PLAN TO KEEP YOU SAFE DURING YOUR VISIT
If you’ve stayed with us before you’re probably already aware of the high standards of hygiene, housekeeping and safety which we adhere to both inside our self-catering log cabins and around the site in general. However, in accordance with recent Government guidance and industry standards, we’d like to reassure you that we’re taking additional measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our staff and all our guests whilst holidaying with us.
- Our site consists of only 4 fully self-contained lodges, each capable of accommodating up to 4 adults. The maximum number of guests which can be accommodated on site at any one time is therefore 16 adults, although this rarely happens.
- All 4 of our lodges are generously spaced apart within our 4 acre site allowing plenty of space between unrelated groups of guests staying in each lodge.
- Until further notice, when fishing please use only the swims located immediately to the left and right of your designated lodge. If the site is not busy, and you would like to fish from a different swim, please discuss this with our Site Manager first who will advise whether or not this is possible.
We are taking the following additional measures:
- All housekeeping and other staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the site and will continue to do so frequently throughout the day. They will wear appropriate PPE (such as face masks, gloves and disposable aprons) only when strictly necessary.
- We will refrain from hugging and hand shaking – even with those repeat guests whom we know well – and where possible we will maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Lodge keys and security gate fobs will be thoroughly sanitized between each change-over of guests.
- We have placed automatic hand sanitizer dispensers and appropriate signage in each lodge reminding guests to heed current advice on social distancing, hand washing hygiene and dealing with coughs and sneezes.
- Our housekeeping staff will adhere to the respective Government and Public Health Guidance on deep cleaning and sanitizing between guests.
- We will remove some items from our lodges that are likely to be regularly touched by numerous guests and will thoroughly disinfect those other items remaining when each group of guests vacates.
- As is our usual practice, all linen will be laundered off site at a commercial laundry and towels and bathrobes will be laundered on site at temperatures which clean and sterilize all fabrics in accordance with Public Health advice.
We ask our Guests to adhere to the following additional measures:
- Please do not travel to our site if you, or any member of your party, is displaying any symptoms indicative of COVID-19. In this instance please telephone us in advance where possible to discuss the situation.
- Please adhere to current Government guidelines regarding mixing of households/support bubbles with respect to occupation of your lodge.
- On arrival at the site we ask all guests to use the hand sanitizer located at the pedestrian gate before entering our site.
- When arriving at site to check-in, if we are already checking-in other guests please remain in your car until we have dealt with the other guests and they have entered the site.
- Similarly, when departing the site to check-out, if we are already checking-out other guests please remain in your car until we have dealt with the other guests and they have departed the site.
- When our Site Manager is attending to daily routine maintenance of your hot tub we ask you kindly to remain in your lodge or otherwise maintain a strict 2m distance at all times.
- If you are staying for a visit of 2 weeks, we will refresh your bed linen and towels at the end of the first week in accordance with our normal practice. 2 housekeeping staff will attend to this, wearing appropriate PPE, and we ask you please to vacate the lodge whilst our housekeepers undertake this task to ensure both your own and their safety. If there is any difficulty with this please discuss this with our Site Manager on the day.
- When moving around the site please respect the current advice and our signage regarding social distancing from others.
- Please refrain from hugging/hand shaking.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before eating and after using facilities and when entering and leaving the site.
- Please carry tissues for coughs and sneezes – catch it, kill it, bin it.
- If you or a member of your party becomes unwell during your visit, with any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (recent onset of a new persistent cough, high temperature, loss of/change in sense of taste/smell) please remain in your lodge and telephone the office/Site Manager as soon as possible on the emergency contact number provided.
All of the above information is correct at the time of writing, may be updated from time to time without notice and is based on the Government’s current guidance which can be read here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Updated 30th June 2020