Temporary closure Nov 5 - Dec 2 due to Government lockdown
Posted 01/11/2020 : By: Will Draper
New Government lockdown announced, October 31st 2020
The Prime Minister announced a second national lockdown on October 31st 2020 to try to reduce the R rate. Under the new restrictions, many businesses including all hospitality venues are to shut down from Thursday 5th November to Wednesday 2nd December. Unfortunately this includes Badwell Ash Holiday Lodges, and so regretfully and with great sadness we have no option but to close during these dates. The last thing we want to do is to disappoint our guests but of course we will do our bit to support the lockdown. Please bear with us as we work through the complicated process of contacting all of our guests and rebooking their holidays. We will do this systematically and we will be in touch with you very soon.
If you are thinking of booking a holiday in the future at our Holiday Lodges then we want to reassure you that you can book and stay at our site in complete confidence, as we have all the right procedures in place as required by the Government’s guidelines relating to covid-19. We have been certified “Good to Go” by VisitBritain. If you have not stayed with us before, our four self-catering lakeside log cabins, each with its own private outdoor hot tub, are generously spaced apart amidst five acres of lush gardens and our private, well-stocked fishing lake, ready to offer a day’s gentle relaxation in a haven of peace and tranquillity. It is a perfect UK destination to be naturally socially distanced from your fellow visitors, in the knowledge that your comfortable luxury accommodation is safe, spotlessly clean and sanitized. If your booking is affected by a further Government lockdown due to covid-19, then you will be offered the choice of rebooking your stay at a later date, a credit note to be used in the future, or a full no-quibble refund.
As things stand, we will reopen on Friday December 4th, and we look forward to welcoming our valued guests back to Badwell Ash. In the meantime we will keep ourselves busy tackling various projects on site, to further improve the experience for guests when we open again. We want to thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you here again soon!
Stay safe and well,
Will and Sarah, your hosts at Badwell Ash Holiday Lodges.
We are Good to Go: keeping you safe during you stay
If you’ve stayed with us before you’re probably already aware of the high standards of hygiene, housekeeping and safety which we adhere to both inside our self-catering log cabins and around the site in general. However, in accordance with Government guidance and industry standards, we’d like to reassure you that we’re taking additional measures to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our guests and staff.
- Our site consists of only four fully self-contained lodges, each capable of accommodating up to four adults. The maximum number of guests which can be accommodated on site at any one time is therefore sixteen adults.
- All four of our lodges are generously spaced apart within our five acre site allowing plenty of space between unrelated groups of guests staying in each lodge.
- When fishing please use only the swims located immediately to the left and right of your designated lodge. If the site is not busy, and you would like to fish from a different swim, please discuss this with Will and Sarah, and we will advise whether or not this is possible.
Additional safety measures we have taken:
- All housekeeping and other staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the site and will continue to do so frequently throughout the day. They will wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
- We will refrain from hugging and hand shaking – even with repeat guests whom we know well – and where possible we will maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Lodge keys and security gate fobs will be thoroughly sanitized between each change-over of guests.
- We have placed automatic hand sanitizer dispensers in each lodge as well as signage reminding guests to heed current advice on social distancing, hand washing hygiene and dealing with coughs and sneezes.
- Our housekeeping staff will adhere to the respective Government and Public Health Guidance on deep cleaning and sanitizing between guests.
- We will remove some items from our lodges that are likely to be regularly touched by numerous guests and will thoroughly disinfect those other items remaining when each group of guests vacates.
- To protect our housekeeping staff we are asking guests to kindly strip their beds on the morning of departure, and also leave all windows ajar. We realise this is a lot to ask but we hope you understand why we have taken this step.
- As is our usual practice, all linen will be laundered off site at a commercial laundry and towels and bathrobes will be laundered on site at temperatures which clean and sterilize all fabrics in accordance with Public Health advice.
- Due to the additional time it is taking to deep clean the lodges and prepare the site, we have reluctantly delayed check-in by one hour to 4pm.
We ask our Guests to adhere to the following additional measures:
- Please do not travel to our site if you, or any member of your party, are displaying any covid-19 symptoms. In this instance please telephone us to discuss the situation.
- Please adhere to current Government guidelines regarding mixing of households with respect to occupation of your lodge.
- On arrival at the site we ask all guests to use the hand sanitizer located at the pedestrian gate before entering our site.
- When arriving for check-in, if we are already checking-in other guests please remain in your car until we can come to you.
- Similarly, at check-out, if we are already checking-out other guests please remain in your car and we will come to you.
- When we are attending to daily routine maintenance of your hot tub we ask you kindly to maintain a 2m distance at all times.
- If you are staying for two weeks, we will refresh your bed linen and towels at the end of the first week in accordance with our normal practice. When our housekeeping staff are attending to this, we ask you please to vacate your lodge. If there is any difficulty with this please discuss this with us on the day.
- When moving around the site please respect the current advice and our signage regarding social distancing from others.
- Please wash your hands regularly, and also please carry tissues for coughs and sneezes.
- If you or a member of your party becomes unwell during your visit with covid-19 symptoms (eg onset of a new persistent cough, high temperature, loss of/change in sense of taste/smell) please remain in your lodge and telephone us on the contact numbers provided.
All of the above information is correct at the time of writing, may be updated from time to time without notice, and is based on the Government’s current guidance which can be read here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Updated 1st November 2020